Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Massage Therapy

I love getting a massage. What's not to like? But I have to tell you about Sherry. She puts the therapy in massage therapy. I had a blast tonight, just talking about how life is going, and it really took the tension off how deep her hands were working. I was telling her how many people tell me "I have to tell you this, but don't post it on Facebook!" Which would be offensive, if I didn't post almost everything on Facebook.

The best part was at the end of the session when she said "you know Katie, I've been seeing you for eight months, and you are not as stressed as when we first started". I started thinking about it. Eight months ago I was in school. I was a mess. I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going, I was concerned about the next deadline, the next assignment, getting everything in order, what I could do tomorrow that I did not have to do today. The school thing didn't work out. But I feel so much better now!

I have come to realize that I may not be making much money. I may not be helping people on a one-on-one basis. But I love my little microcosm of family and friends. I am so proud to be in the presence of such greatness all around me, and appreciate the gifts I have been given. I am surrounded by positive energy.

I realize it is silly to be in graduate school and "not know where you're going". I thought I was on the best path to doing what I want to do with the rest of my life. My 29th birthday was terrible! I had just learned that I would not be returning to school the next semester. Little did I know, this was a blessing in disguise. I still want to work helping people - this has been my life goal since first grade. What I am realizing is that this is a very broad job description, and I have to figure out more specifically how I want to help people. I don't think I want to work in human services or non-profit organizations for the rest of my life. I just want a stable job that pays well and that I enjoy doing. Is that too much to ask?

I find myself liking 29. I can't imagine how stressed out I would be if I were still in school. I will probably go back to school in a few years. It's just not right for me right now. I'm just going to take it day by day, and see what the world holds for me tomorrow.

And schedule my next appointment with Sherry.  White Dahlia - tell them I referred you!

No comments:

Post a Comment